Sunday 14 July 2013

Summer 2013 Lookbook

Ooooh how lovely is this sun! It honestly gives me a teeny bit of hope that I may actually tan this summer. Anyhoo I just wanted to show you guys what I've been loving/will be wearing in this gorgeous weather so I've put together a little lookbook. This is a mixture of older pieces and things I've picked up over the last couple of weeks (mostly from Primark, I'm loving their Summer stuff this year!). Hope you like!


Colour Clash Maxi

I am totally in love with these maxis, I have a black one from last year (from a boutique I can't remember the name of) and found them so comfy and easy to wear. I also bought this in a coral colour, they look great in the summer with sandals or in the Autumn with a leather jacket and converse. I know I've always said I HATED the neon trend but this Summer seems to have converted me, but accessories only. I still can't seem to break my non-neon mental barrier. 


Cornflower Maxi - Primark £8
Jelly Shoes - Primark £4
Neon Satchel - Primark £9


Pretty in Mint



I think mints just one of those colours everybody can work. It instantly adds a hint of girly to anything and this Summer I can't get enough of it! This dress is super flattering and makes me feel gorgeous because even though it is short it stops at a flattering place on my bigger thighs and nips in at the waist. Plus the floaty fabric skims my tum and hips to create the optical illusion of less me. Flatforms are my new thing! They are the revolution I have been waiting for! I hate wearing just flats, I'm more of a sandals or boots girl (weather depending) and the odd pair of ballet flats I wear are for jeans only. I feel like I need something to elongate my little legs a bit more without the unbearable foot pain. In come these babies! SO glad I let my mum talk me into getting these.


Chiffon Dress - Primark £17
Flatforms - Topshop £42


Aztec Blur



I think this dress is my find of the season. I love the colours and the looser fit. The fabric also feels really nice for how little I paid for it and I love how versatile it is. BIG THUMBS UP. This necklace called to me, I could hear it whispering 'Emma...buy me...I'm so pretty' so it's not my fault. Blame the necklace. For Primark £10 is very pricey for a piece of jewellery but I do think it looks a lot more expensive than it was and it just adds something to the outfit.  


Printed Dress - Primark £13
Navy Ankle Socks - Primark £1.50
Flatforms - Topshop £42
Statement Necklace - Primark Limited Edition £10


Alright in White



I've had this dress for a couple of months, I actually took it travelling with me and wore it to death. Really flattering over my rounder parts and I'm not really a fan of getting my cleavage out so the high neck is perfecto. This necklace was a birthday present from an auntie aaaaages ago but every summer it pops back out to play. The colours are just so pretty and sparkly I always find an outfit to put it with. These wedges were from Matalan last Summer but are so comfy and don't hurt my feet nearly as much as most heels do. I can't remember the price but I have a feeling it was around the £15 mark? I know it was silly cheap and they do look and feel a lot more expensive than they are. I will continue to wear these until they literally disintegrate.


White Skater Dress - Primark £13
Tan Wedges - Matalan 
Statement Necklace - Oasis

Yes I am a dress girl in the Summer, I don't really wear shorts other than over my bikinis (and I don't want to terrify you all with a picture of that now do I). Hope you liked my little photoshoot! 

What are your favourite looks this summer?

Loves xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment