Monday 22 July 2013

So What? I like Cake!

Well hello there! This is going to be a slightly more serious (and cheesy) post but it's something that I feel incredibly strongly about so, why not share it with you guys!

This weekend I went to London to meet up with some friends and something happened that really annoyed me. The thing that particularly got me was that they didn't understand why I was so mad. We were in a club and a girl came onto one of my friends. One of the others then took a photo and started laughing at it. I asked them what was so funny...their answer 'she's fat'. 

Now I am not the skinniest of girls, I sometimes get a little down about certain parts of my body but who doesn't? I am a happy, healthy size 12 girl who eats well and exercises. I look after myself and as long as I know I'm healthy on the inside, the outside will take care of itself. I am proud of the fact that my bum should have its own postcode. So what if my thighs jiggle when I walk? 

What makes me so sad is that we live in a world where everyone (not just girls) are made to feel like we have to look a certain way. Our bodies should be perfect, we shouldn't get spots or stretch marks and we should always look like we stepped out of a magazine. Boobs and bums have to be perfect, muscles a certain size. People who are comfortable in their own skin are deemed strange and, to be honest, in the minority. But this isn't real life. 

People who are happy with themselves should be celebrated. We are all beautiful in our own way. I know that sounds so ridiculously cheesy but it's true! That's one of the reasons why I love fashion, yes it has the power to drive people to do unthinkable things to their bodies, but it also has the power to make someone feel beautiful. Everyone has had that moment when they've put on 'that dress' or 'those jeans' and just felt incredible. 

The message I'm trying to get across is, if you are happy in your own skin, who cares what everyone else thinks. Stop trying to be someone else's idea of perfect and focus on just being you. There will always be those idiots who will find faults and think it's okay to laugh, but if they're that stupid, are they really worth paying attention to?

Embrace your body, no matter what shape or size you are. 

Loves xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment